Saturday, April 26, 2008

You Have Now Entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE

Remember the family on Kade's bb team that pays $14,000 a month in rent for their home in the hills? Well, I asked her today at the game, what her husband does for a living. He is a big time producer so she travels to the Cannes Film Festival and goes to premiers etc. She did mention that she really doesn't like that side of the industry and just enjoys the traveling, hanging at the hotels/spas, and getting to know the town she happens to be at. She was with a lady who was her interior decorator that she had just flown in from Paris. They are working on decorating/furnishing a condo in Montreal that she just purchased. I asked if she rents it out when she isn't there. No. She doesn't like having other people in her homes (not that I blame her). She said they had an apartment in Florida that they never rented out, just visited once or twice a year. She has a charitable foundation fund raiser to go to for lupus and she is supposed to wear all orange. She doesn't want to buy an evening gown that is orange that she will wear only once. She was dishing on some of the celebrities that she knows. It was a fun conversation. Jacob is going to the Dodgers game tonight with the Kings. They sit right behind the third base right by the Dodger's dug out. Apparently they get to interact with the players some ($400 a ticket). I don't know if the kids will sit there or if they have a box office. It should be fun for him. Larry won't be there as he is in DC and Shawn has a fund raiser to attend tonight. She is performing there (singing). So it will be Hector, the nanny, and the kids. Larry Jr. was in town for the game today. He lives in Florida and seems to be a really nice, down to earth guy. We had a a good conversation and he told me all about the gators in Florida and not to worry about them for the most part.

Kurt, Kade's head coach, is Kurt Rappaport, (google him, the results are fun to read, really nice/interesting guy) the top selling real estate self made multi-millionaire in LA. He sales to all of the celebs. He sold his last mansion that he had just totally renovated to TomKat who just finally moved in a year later because they totally re-renovated it for their needs/wants. I asked him today how low we should offer on a home from the asking price. He said to be aggressive and offer at least 20% below the listing price.

I have realized that we are probably the poorest family on the team. Not that it matters, it is just really interesting to rub shoulders with the lifestyles of the rich and famous. For them, their lives are totally normal. For me, a bit overwhelming. I feel like I have entered the Twilight Zone.

1 comment:

globaljunkie said...

why would you ever want to leave all this?