Thursday, April 3, 2008

Redhead's Blond Ambitions
















So, my beautiful redheaded daughter has some very blond tendencies. When we moved into the apartment we were given two sets of keys to the house, the garage, and the laundry room. Kyrie promptly locked herself out of the house one day while I was at Universal Studios with the boys. The neighbor helped her take a screen out and climb in through her bedroom window. I promptly went to the store and had about 4 extra copies of the house key made. I gave one to Kyrie and put the other two away (I had a Marge Simpson key cut for Wade as he treats the lady who does the voices of her sister on that show.) She promptly, the very first day she had the key, lost it at school. I promptly decided she didn't need her own key and gave an extra one to the upstairs neighbor (the man, not the neurotic, crazy b****y lady).

Wade had to be at the airport by 7am this morning. He got up with Kyrie at 5:30 to pack and be able to get her to seminary by 6:10. I got a frantic call from Kyrie at 6:30 telling me she had somehow managed to take my keys to seminary with her. She was getting something out of the car, and locked the garage back up, and took the keys with her. I never made an extra set of the garage or laundry room keys. Wade was on his way to the airport and I was contemplating if I would have to break the window to get into the garage. Since I have already managed to break a window in the house whilst throwing a shoe at my redheaded beauty I decided this wouldn't be the cheapest or best way to manage the situation. I informed her she would have to find a ride home and bring me my keys. Fortunately for her the stake prez was there and was very willing to bring me my keys. For some dumb reason she didn't come home with him, so I still had to go pick her up, 10 minutes late, putting me 10 minutes behind on getting home and getting the boys up and ready for their school day. Somehow I still managed to get them there on time. I will promptly be going back to the store to have more copies of the other keys cut.

2 comments:

redhead said...

im glad you love me so much to post it on your blog. :)
i will continue these "tendencies" as you call them.

BS and the Kids said...

I am not at all surprised. She does have those "tendencies". Maybe you should make it official.