The comings and goings of the Fabulous Foster Four and their crazy parents.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Count Your Many Blessings
This is the only thing and thought that is keeping me sane. Kade couldn't find his PE shirt today. On the way out the door to school I found it in a pile of wet, smelly clothes. So I threw the load in the wash before we left. I promised him I would bring it to school when it was done. After I dropped the boys at school I ran to Walgreens in search of tape and super glue to fix the vacuum hose. A few weeks ago I gave the boys the job of vacuuming up the front room. Jacob managed to vacuum up a sock and it was stuck in the hose. The hose is designed in such a horrible way that I couldn't even stick the broom handle down it (curved on one end, skinny on the other). I even tried a wire hanger, no luck. I resorted to cutting open a slit at the clog and pulling the sock out. I only had packing tape to tape up the hole which was working. When the boys had lice I buzzed their hair and sat there with the vacuum sucking up the hair as I went. I noticed last week that the hose wasn't sucking anything up anymore and decided that it was probably the tape. I put the vacuum on the back porch just in case it had any live critters in it and it has sat there for about 4 days now, which is a good thing, because when I got home with my tape and glue to fix it, I found the hose clogged with hair thanks to a bent straw stuck in it. I mean CLOGGED with hair. I'm sure there had to be lice in it so thank heavens it was sitting outside for the duration. As I am cleaning the hose out I get a call from Michelle in Alabama saying that the young women in our old ward who are Kyrie's friends were freaking out saying I was leaving Wade and we were getting a divorce. Not sure how that rumor came to be or what Kyrie told them to make them jump to that conclusion. Had a good laugh over that, and Michelle told me she reassured them all that I wasn't leaving Wade, just LA a few weeks before him if that. I washed the hose out and went to go throw the load of laundry into the dryer. OH NO!!!! The laundry room was flooded. This has happened to us twice before when someone has left a rag or clothes in the basin the washer drains into. This time it happened because the drain hose somehow flipped out of the basin. I spent an hour sweeping all of the water out, moving the 2 washers and 2 dryers and 3 bikes and the four drawer file cabinet back and forth to sweep under each item. Did I mention I still had some blankets and throw rugs on the floor waiting to be washed? (You're supposed to smile here. It's okay, you can even laugh) While I was grumbling under my breath to myself I had to stop and smile and laugh. You know what? It has been a really trying week for me, but I am so blessed. I have a healthy family. I have a home and food and clothes. I have the gospel in my life and a testimony of the truthfulness of it. I know I have challenges, but they pale in comparison to the many things others go through. I think this past week is God's way of reminding me of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sorry. That really sucks, but sometimes when it rains, it pours, and you definitely are in the hurricane. Hang in there.
Post a Comment