Monday, April 28, 2008

Memories

































My dad was really into taking pictures, but unfortunately always had them developed as slides. One of our favorite things to do when we all manage to get together is to look at the said slides (well, one of my favorite things to do anyways). A few years ago I spent a small fortune for us and had a number of the slides developed into pictures and I guess John has had some put on a disk. Here are the results. You gotta love/hate those 70's styles. Ughhh!!! In the family camping trip picture I am actually there, just looking like one of the boys as my grandpa Lackey, who was a barber, would always cut my hair when he was visiting and being a barber he always gave me a boy haircut. Why mother would let him do this to me is beyond me?!?! If you look closely at Chet's eye, it is very swollen. I think he burned it or was bitten by a mosquito. Is this the same trip the boys kept stepping too close to the fire while barefoot and burned their feet on the hot rocks around the fire? You may also notice the rocking hairstyles, hehehe. I think mom used to put a bowl around the boys head and cut, then never comb their hair. The baby is actually me. wow. John posted this one on our other family blog trying to pass it off as his new arrival. Janie actually called him out on it. He only wishes his babies were so pretty JUST KIDDING!!!!

3 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

A true sight to behold. Yikes. They are fun pics though and we really do need to get them scanned onto the computer.

globaljunkie said...

sorry, but I think I'm the one who picked the slides out, took them to the shop and had them converted into pics. And mom paid for it. Stop trying to hog all the credit.

chris said...

No, a few years ago I had some photos made into pictures for myself, thank you very much. Paid for it with my own mula too