Sunday, April 20, 2008

And The Fun Continues...

Daniel has a scratch on his arm from the rose bushes in front of the house. He likes to pick the scab off and of course it bleeds. He was wiping the blood everywhere so I suggested we put a bandage on it. He wouldn't let me get it for him, insisting that he could get it. I heard him pushing the chair over to the counter and suggested that Jacob go help him. Jake runs off to help and the next thing I know CRASH, WAIL, SOBBING. I run in and scoop Dan off of the floor. I felt something damp on my cheek as I was kissing him better, but didn't even think about it. We sat on the sofa to watch Nemo and about 2 minutes later I notice the back of his head is covered in blood. My first thought was, "wait, his arm wasn't bleeding that badly" then I realized the thump was his head hitting something, not just his body. It looked like it might need a stitch or two, so we headed off to Wade's office. When we got there dad accessed the situation. We decided that since it is on the back of his head we didn't care if it scarred too badly and that it would probably heal on it's own. It was wide, but not really deep. I didn't want to have to hold him down while Wade worked on him. The ER is out of the question for this type of injury since we still have a $1000 deductible and I just paid $660 to the DR for my heart testing of which I still haven't heard the results. As of friday they didn't have them back yet, a whole week later.

1 comment:

BS and the Kids said...

Wow, you have your hands full.