Friday, April 25, 2008

It Has Begun

It's official. I have started the packing. I managed 5 boxes of books (that doesn't even make a dent in the book column. I think I'll need about 10 more book boxes) and 3 medium boxes of miscellaneous stuff. Daniel has walked around sobbing. He was excited at first and even helped by packing his own box, but became quite upset when I took his "things" out and started putting other stuff in there. I had to reassure him that we will take everything and everyone with us and that we will go to Idaho and Utah and see Sarah and Paige and Kate. That was what finally settled him down. It's funny. For the past month or so he will walk around the house and say "I want to go home." I'm not sure where he associated home as being.

I woke up at 3:00am this morning to find him lying butt naked in the bed. Somehow he had taken his diaper off and laid back down, uncovered. Thankfully he didn't wet as I haven't put the the waterproof mattress cover back on after my purging of the lice.

The Wall Street Journal has published an article suggesting that Americans start stockpile food as the costs globally are going to continue to drive up the costs for the US. That and Al Gore's brilliant idea of fuels from our food source. Isn't he such a genius? Just imagine if he had won the election. Well, back to food storage. If you haven't heard already Walmart, Costco, Sams club and the like are starting to limit the amount of rice a customer can purchase per visit. I'm sure others will follow, so my suggestion, get with your ward specialist, or call my MIL as she is an expert on this subject, and get your stuff together. Don't put it off any longer. Start each shopping trip with purchasing $10 or $20 in food storage stuff and rotate your food storage so you are using it and replenishing it. Okay, enough of that lecture.

1 comment:

globaljunkie said...

THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING!!! so switch to another grain, stop eating so much rice. There isn't a shortage, just that prices have sky rocketed due to demand. Philippines are now a net importer of rice. And the US needs to stop farm subsidies. And get out of ethenol production. America is going to pot...or at least Howard is for the Mavericks.