The comings and goings of the Fabulous Foster Four and their crazy parents.
Friday, April 4, 2008
The Kingdom of Loathing
Kade plays this game on line called "The Kingdom of Loathing". It is a stick figure game, and I think it is similar to Runescape without all of the animation. The title caught my attention. I am living in my own personal Kingdom of Loathing. Wade hates his work environment, and who can blame him? We all hate living in this apartment thanks to our upstairs neighbors. Kyrie likes LA and there are definitely good things about it, but all in all, I hate living in this big of a city. It is so strange for me to see the schools smack dab in the middle of a busy street, surrounded by gates and fencing. I hate that I can't send my kids outside to play without worrying about the traffic, both foot traffic and automobile. I hate not living in a neighborhood with kids around for them to play/interact with. I hate the traffic here. People are impatient and stupid to the point of being so unsafe that we have quit riding our bikes to school in the mornings, as the last time we did Jacob was almost hit twice by vehicles while he was on the sidewalk no less. I hate that gas is so expensive here. The cheapest I can find is $3.70 a gallon and that is the low grade. My dad insists that the minivan needs mid grade, which or course is almost $4.00 a gallon now. I hate that the costs of groceries are going up so much and I don't have a super Wal-Mart or Target to shop at to help control the costs. Did I mention I really loath my neighbors? I deride great perverse enjoyment from slamming my garage door loudly every morning when I go to get Kyrie from seminary, knowing that they can hear it from their bedroom. (wicked cackling laugh inserted here) Of course, I have only done that for the past two weeks since it is her vacation time and she so nicely reminded me of it with a note on the door asking us to be quiet in the mornings so she could sleep in. I think starting Monday I will try to shut it more gently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun game. Only 3 more months to go. You can do it!
Post a Comment