Sunday, December 7, 2008

That's The Way I Roll


Just in case you're wondering I found the Ferrari that I want. Informed my lucky husband that he has to fork out the cash for this for me in the next couple of years. Yes Truman. I will let you drive it.

Like other modern Ferraris, this one is fabricated from aluminum to keep mass under control. The 460 hp 4.3L V8 is the first from Maranello to use direct injection while following the racing tradition of using a flat-plane crankshaft. This car of firsts also debuts the production application of a dual clutch gearbox from Ferrari. The 7-speed unit is mounted in a rear transaxle configuration and should provide smoother shifting and even better performance than the existing hydraulically-actuated units that Ferrari currently uses. Acceleration to 60 mph should come in under 4.0 seconds.

The California is also Ferrari's first retractable hardtop convertible. From the shape of the hood scoop and headlights to the sweep of the rear fenders and vents behind the front wheels this car obviously draws on the heritage of the original 1960s 250 GT California. At the same time, it's blended with modern Ferrari design elements drawn from the current F430 and 599.

The engine is also in the front. I like that feature. It also has 2 "child" sized seats in the back. Now just picture it in a dark sky blue. Beautiful.

6 comments:

globaljunkie said...

like you really know all the technical stuff. i think you cut and pasted....

chris said...

Well, duh. Of course I cut and pasted that part, but I did research the car when I heard about it and it sounds absolutely dreamy.

D-Man said...

I want one.

Bowb said...

This is the one you really want http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2005/Ferrari/100394620/2005.ferrari.f430.32905-300x189.jpg

chris said...

Sorry Bowb, but I likie the California better. The 16 M scuderia spider rocks too, but they are only producing 499 of them and I don't think I'll have the funds for it any time too soon. Sad.

BS and the Kids said...

you may have the funds to get us all one...