Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas '08











We all had a nice day yesterday, for the most part. Of course, Kyrie and Wade got into it last night, nothing new there, and Daniel started throwing up again last night, but I think everyone had a good morning. Started out opening presents and I think everyone was happy with their gifts.

Dan and Jake both got HUGE Bag the Bed Bean Bags. Remember my puff pillow? Well, these are about 2X the size of mine that was so fun and comfy. Jake slept on his last night, Daniel barfed on his. The covers are removable and washable thank goodness. When you take the covers off they lay out into queen sized puffy "beds". Pretty cool.

Kade's main gift of an X Box hard drive and an I Pod touch look-a-like didn't arrive in the mail yet, but he did get his Guitar Hero and everyone has had a great time playing it.

Kyrie's main request was UGG boots, chestnut, tall. I ordered what she told me, but apparently not the right ones. She wanted classic. Well, she didn't tell me classic, so she is going to ship them back for an exchange. She was happy with her new comforter set though.

Wade received the entire collection of 007 movies up to Casino Royale and a juicer. We picked as many tangerines off of our tree as we could and made some fresh juice. Pretty tasty! I got a nice papasan chair from Pier 1. We received a beautiful nativity from the Fosters that they picked up while they were in Israel. Since I've always so admired Sarah's nativity she brought back I was very happy to see this one. Will take a photo of it later and post it.

Made breakfast, had a nice dinner and now am left with the mess to clean up. Not to forget the true meaning of Christmas though: I am so grateful for the birth of our Saviour and the ultimate gift that he and our Father in Heaven gave to us.

Now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WADE. YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AN OLD MAN!!!

3 comments:

globaljunkie said...

saddest looking bunch I've ever seen, bunch of scrooges. I can get you nice UGGs here for $20, but Uggs are so passe, what is Kyrie thinking?

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Tangerines picked off the tree?? That is the best Christmas EVER!! I'm so jealous.

globaljunkie said...

how old is Wade? I thought he didn't really exist?