Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like spring, in Idaho and Utah






Ahhh, winter in central Florida. Temps have regularly been in the upper 70's to mid 80's all week. I keep hearing about these blizzards and cold fronts, but not here. Well, maybe tomorrow. I think the high is supposed to be in the upper 50's. Brrrr...cold!!!

It's taking some getting used to and it's harder to get into the spirit of Christmas, but I'm sure we'll be there soon. After all, I am much more accustomed to snuggling up next to a wood burning stove at this time of the year with a steaming hot cup of cocoa than I am with having to turn the A/C back on.

You are going to have to wait longer for my new photos from my new camera. Kyrie's software for her Fuji keeps popping open when I plug in my Canon and messes everything up. I spent a couple of hours trying to fix it last night before giving up. In the meantime, the above are two pics taken in our city. One is a beautiful sunrise over a local lake here, and the other is what the fog has been like for the past week. As I was driving Kyrie to get her wisdom teeth removed on Friday, we only had about 10 feet of visibility for awhile. And the other???? I don't know what the hell that thing is. But if it was pulled out of one of the lakes around here I know I'm not going to be going water skiing any time soon!!! Fighting the gators is bad enough. Throw that thing into the mix and I will be having full blown panic attacks! Merry Christmas indeed!

No comments: