Monday, December 29, 2008

Guitar Hero ROCKS!!!

I mentioned in my last post that Kade got Guitar Hero as one of his gifts. He had saved his money and purchased an X Box off of Ebay earlier this year. At Sams club I found the latest GH version that came with 2 wireless guitars and the game for under $100 bucks. I can't put the dang thing down!! FINALLY a video game that I can BEAT WADE AT!!!!! Yippee!!!! Wade and I have had so much fun playing that we went out to Walmart and found the drums for under $50 and now we can play in band mode. Not to stroke my own ego or anything, but you really need to know how good I am at the drums. I have mastered the medium level and am moving on to hard. My youngest brother was slightly impressed by this as he was under the impression that the drums were hard. Even my kids are in awe of my awesome drumming skills. My 6th & 7th grade percussion playing days are finally paying off! I've looked at all of the stores to find the microphone for band mode to add in the vocals (you have to know what a karaoke singing fool I am to understand my absolute need for this) Unfortunately no dice. It seems to only come in Rock Band. There is a singing game for X Box that comes with 2 mics, but I'm not sure that they will work with GH, so I need to do some research on the matter.

Kade is waiting, impatiently, but waiting, for his hard drive to come in the mail. Once it is here and we are so going live and I challenge you, yes you, each and everyone one of you, to a live GH band rock off. Get your band together. Get your fingers rocking. Warm up your vocals because the game is ON!!!!! (If you happen to have a PS2 or 3 or Wii GH I am really disappointed and slightly deflated at this point. Your mission if you are willing to accept it: FIND SOMEONE WITH AN X BOX LIVE AND STALK THEM UNTIL THEY ALLOW YOU TO BEG BORROW OR STEAL THEIR UNIT!!!)



Christmas morning, my first time picking up the guitar and becoming HOOKED!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You crack me up. Nice work on the drums. I am struggling a bit with them, but I just need to play it more. It is a fun game, that's for sure.

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Haha. So glad to hear you've fallen victim to its enticing powers as well. Have you read my Guitar Heroine post? You'll probably be able to relate now...Good times...good times.

I'm planning on spending the next week playing this as well. Have fun. Hope you find a mic...

globaljunkie said...

you need to watch the related south park episode....Guitar Queer-O