Prophecy of Joseph Smith, according to Orson Hyde:
The time would come when the Constitution and the country would be in danger of an overthrow; and . . . if the Constitution be saved at all, it will be by the Elders of this Church. (Source: Journal of Discourses, Vol.6, p. 152, January 3, 1858)
I wonder what Ann Coulter would think if she knew she had agreed to a prophecy of the LDS church when asked by Glenn Beck, "I mean, Ann, any doubt in your mind that the right to free speech is in real jeopardy and our Constitution hangs by a thread?" Her answer? "Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah."
I am not an expert in scriptural knowledge nor am I a scholar of my own faith. I know what I believe through personal revelation, prayer, and sacred experiences. I know I believe in the 2nd coming of Christ and I wonder when it will happen. I know I am not 100% ready and fall short of many of my personal goals in bettering myself. With all of the political hype and fanfare I can't help but wonder: are we, as a nation, on the verge of a constitutional crisis? Are we, with an Obama presidential campaign, ushering in the final stages before the 2nd coming? It's hard to know anything definitively. However, here are a few things that I have been reading which make me go Hmmmm.
From American Thinker, author Augustus Goddard: The Arab-Israeli conflict is likely to be more strident, if only because Obama's candidacy has raised hopes to a very high level in the Arab world. Muslims expect Obama to act in their favor, and Obama would have the freedom to act in ways that no president -- especially a Democratic president -- could act. Should he act in a way that is perceived as harmful to the basic interests of Israel, dissent on a large scale would begin, for such a policy would unite two groups hitherto at political poles: liberal Jews and evangelical Christians.
It seems that the final days of the presidential campaign have made Erica Jong and her friends more than a little anxious. She said, "If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets." For those of you who don't know, Erica Jong is a feminist who wrote "Fear of Flying" and "Seducing the Demon". I am proud to say I have not read either book as they would probably make blood spurt out of my eyes. She is a good friend with Jane Fonda and Naomi Wolf. Enough said.
From World Net Daily: Seven years before Barack Obama's "spread the wealth" comment to Joe the Plumber became a GOP campaign theme, the Democratic presidential candidate said in a radio interview the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth.
In a newly unearthed tape, Obama is heard telling Chicago's public station WBEZ-FM in 2001 that "redistributive change" is needed, pointing to what he regarded as a failure of the U.S. Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren in its rulings on civil rights issues in the 1960s.
The Warren court, he said, failed to "break free from the essential constraints" in the U.S. Constitution and launch a major redistribution of wealth. But Obama, then an Illinois state lawmaker, said the legislative branch of government, rather than the courts, probably was the ideal avenue for accomplishing that goal.
A commentator on the website American Thinker said Obama "wishes to scrap the limits placed on government powers because they get in the way of his redistributive schemes."
"What powers are we talking about? Private property rights for one. Since property is distributed 'unequally' in Obama's world, policies must be shaped and laws passed to deal with that situation."
And the petition going around: Stop the Obama Constitutional Crisis
Sign the Petition : 65,987 Letters and Emails Sent So Far
Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution reads: "No Person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States."
There are numerous allegations to Obama's claim of natural birth in the U.S. On the web and in the media, all raising suspicion and doubt as to Obama's actual place of birth and qualification to run for president.
A lawsuit in Honolulu in the First District Court is seeking a court-order to open Obama's secret birth records. Obama has thus far neglected a Freedom of Information request for the records at two hospitals in Hawaii.
Lawsuits in Washington, Georgia, California, Florida, New York and Connecticut are seeking state Superior Courts to force the states' Secretary of State, as the chief state elections officer, to perform their state constitutional duties to require original certifying birth records from Mr. Obama that would verify his birth in Hawaii.
Philip Berg's months-long lawsuit in Federal Court in Philadelphia reached a dramatic plateau as Mr. Obama and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) failed to respond to the court that Mr. Obama is not a natural born U.S. Citizen and therefore not qualified to run for office of President of the U.S. They admitted to Obama's non-qualification by their failure to respond to a 30-day court ordered discovery in which Obama and the DNC were ordered to answer a petition by Berg. Mr. Berg has stated that if the Federal court chooses to dismiss he will appeal all the way to the Supreme Court.
These allegations will not go away until Mr. Obama produces proof to State and federal authorities. If he will not do so voluntarily he must be compelled by every means available. You, as an employee of The People, have sworn an oath to support and defend the Constitution. We The People are demanding you to make every effort, both public and private, to resolve this fundamental Constitutional question.
There are many other quotes I could cite, but these are what stick out in my mind. My gut is telling me McCain/Palin will win. Regardless of the outcome of Tuesday's historic vote, what will be the consequences? It seems likely that there will be violence in many major metropolitan areas around our nation. Will the violence spread to the suburbs and more rural areas? I don't think so. But will our food services and distribution be interrupted? Will our financial centers shut down for awhile? Will our energy products and distribution be interrupted? I don't know. But I do know that I am preparing for some pretty crazy scenarios and feeling like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. Wade wants to know when I'm moving into Bo Gritz's compound.
1 comment:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Post a Comment