WASH TIMES Friday: Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq... Developing...
I could be wrong, but I think it is illegal for a US gov't official to meet with a foreign leader under what appears to be a policy changing meeting, unless it has been approved by someone. I know that sounds really uneducated, but I read something about that and can't remember the details. Will look into it more later....
3 comments:
I doubt anything will come of it as US Senators are always visiting foreign countries and doing this, but yes, is technically illegal as only the president has the authority to negotiate with foreign heads of state.
I think something will come of it because he can't negotiate foreign policy without permission from the state dept. He could/should be prosecuted. I don't think it happens all of the time or am I being naive?
congress is always trying to meddle. it's not uncommon, but you don't always hear about it. I think pelosi was getting heat for something similar not toolong ago, but nothing so brazen as this.
Post a Comment