Saturday, October 25, 2008

Daniel's First Stitches


As he is one of my children, it is inevitable that he will soon have a broken left arm too. Wed. night Wade and the oldest 2 went on a temple trip to Orlando. About an hour after they left Daniel somehow split open his forehead. Not sure how he did it (have a better idea after seeing him hang on the island and try to flip his body through his arms today) except that he said he hit the tile floor. Didn't want to take him to the E.R. Wade wanted me to wait for him to get home to stitch it up. So, we bandaged it up and waited the 5 hours until daddy got home. Dan feel asleep right before. At the office I wrapped him up in a blanket to hold his arms down and he only fussed for a few seconds when Wade numbed him up, and after that laid there to let daddy fix his "boo boo". He was really good.

4 comments:

globaljunkie said...

isn't 5 hours a bit long to wait?

D-Man said...

I'm sure it's better then going to the ED...

chris said...

Wade's specialty leaves peoples' wounds open for up to 3 days before they repair them. 5 hours would've been about how long I was at the ER anyways. How is Beijing?

globaljunkie said...

weather has been great, though getting cold which Pris doesn't like. Work is interesting to say the least....but at least I'm getting home by 7pm most nights, which feels really strange.