I find it hard to believe that today marks the 7th anniversary of the Sept. 11th attacks on our country. I can remember that morning so vividly. I can remember watching in horror as the 2nd plane struck, live on air. I remember holding my 6 week old baby, Jacob, and wondering what kind of world I had brought him into. I will never forget the sound of bodies hitting the pavement/roofs as people chose to jump from the towers instead of burn. I will never forget the brave men and women who rushed into the buildings to help, only to become victims of the attack themselves. I will never forget the horror on Kyrie's and Kade's face as they rushed off of the bus home from school fearing that planes would be attacking their home next. I will never forget learning about the brave men and women on United flight 93 who gave their lives to keep another plane from becoming a weapon of destruction. I will never forget calling my parents to tell them what was happening and my dad saying, "we'll be going into Afghanistan over this." I was clueless. He was so right.
I am thankful every day to President Bush for keeping our country safe for the past 7 years. I have no doubt that more planned attacks have been thwarted and kept quiet. I really believe that if the general public knew the true threat level to our country we would all be too scared to leave our homes. I hate that our President has been made a villain because of this and other events out of his control. Whatever his failings may be, he handled this situation right. War is never an easy process, but fighting evil and maintaining our freedoms is worth it. This youtube post tells it all. Please take the time to watch it. Thank you to our troops past and present and God bless them, their families, and all who suffered a loss on 9/11/01. I will never forget.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
To all those who think we shouldn't see the footage of 9/11 on TV, who think it is too painful, or disrespectful, I couldn't disagree more. We need to remember, to see, to feel, to never forget so we can keep it from happening again.
1 comment:
Couldn't have said it better myself. I too remember that day, and was going to write about it, but fell asleep too early last night. It was an interesting thing to watch what happend in the following six months after that event and now to look back and see how far detatched we've become.
Post a Comment