Why does it never fail? Murphy's Law always seems to bite me in the arse. My car has had a front end vibration since about Oct. of last year. The fix it shop said it might be the rod and pinions and that would be about $1500. If it was just the arm that holds on the tire $400 each. Less than a year ago I had two new tires put on and the front brakes replaced. Granted, I put about 5,000 miles on driving across country and back and forth from ID to CA a few times. And I was towing a trailer, but still. I was relieved when the rod and pinions were fine, but it didn't save me any money. Two more new tires $500, new front and back brakes $500. Arms on both front sides broken $800. Rental van that I was driving doused in paint from some idiot who lost it off of the back of the open pick up truck. It was night, so I thought it was water. Alas, no. The next morning when I got up I was horrified to see it was paint, now dried on the van. Splattered pretty much all over the entire van. Sigh. I tried the pressure washer, hot water and a scrub brush, pleading, shouting, nothing worked. It wasn't latex paint, more like an enamel. Double sigh. $250 to the detail shop to remove said paint before I turned the rental back in. Triple sigh.
To top it off, two days of this week were spent arranging rides to take care of said vehicles. What's the point of having a rental van that you can't use for an entire day because it needs repairs itself? I've had a sick kid home from school and tonight at 7:00pm I am expecting around 50 people from church to show up at my house for my part of the progressive dinner. At least I don't have to prepare the salad, but I have been working all week to get the house cleaned up and organized a bit more. I can finally see the entire floor of my laundry room since moving in. I've had bags of clothes to give away and a pile of "stuff" sitting there forever that has now been taken care of. One bright spot of the week, I did win a beltlette on a radio station. What is a beltlette? Apparently some cute new belt designed to hold lipstick and money so you don't have to carry a purse while your out clubbing or picking up guys at the bar. hahahahaha. Guess I'll just have to use it for it's aesthetic properties only. Problem is the radio station is 1 1/2 hours away in the Tampa area. Maybe that will give me a good excuse to take the kids to the beach on their next day off of school and pick it up.
2 comments:
you won a bat belt! Cool!
why you driving a rental van again?
Post a Comment