After reading a blogging buddy's blog about herpes, I just had to share this story. (hat tip Kamilli)
Wow do our kids know how to embarrass us or what? Sat. one of Kyrie's friends was hanging out at the house (after Kyrie had left for a dance). She was waiting for the neighbors, who are also her friends, to get home so she could go there to wait for her mom. (Yes, that is a long side story that is not necessary to the plot, but I will have to blog about the reason she was here some time soon. She is muslim and was upset about a comment made to her by another muslim friend about the Palestinians). Now, back to the real story....Kade gets home, walks in and says, "hi, and by the way, my dad has herpes." I really thought Wade was going to rip his head off. Now, before you start wondering about his unfortunate STD, let me quickly say, no, not that type of herpes. Wade has been sick with a horrible cold and unfortunately it has been accompanied by a cold sore outbreak.
I told him he should do a genetic study on the Lackey clan seeing how none of us ever get cold sores. Especially since 1/2 of us are married to those unfortunate lepers who do get them. If we could identify why we are immune, and market a vaccine for cold sores, we would be rich. Right? So, which one of you are ready and willing to part with some DNA?
3 comments:
at least you don't have to get all the stories about willie drip from the doctors here....and why does Wade have herpes? do you need to run any other tests?
I'll give you my DNA so you can find the elusive cure. When you find the cure I want half of all the profits.
So how do you check to see if your immune to the other type of herpes? Not a clinical trial I will be entering any time soon.
Hey, I know I am immune to that type of herpes as well, you can swab the inside of my cheek anytime. So another study would be why we are not immune the the hpv (warts-but not that type)...
Post a Comment