The comings and goings of the Fabulous Foster Four and their crazy parents.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Gimme a break
Today while teaching my step class I rolled my ankle off of the edge of the step. Being the Amazon that I am I kept going even though it hurt like the dickens. (What exactly does "hurt like the dickens" mean anyways?) Had a few errands to run after class, finally got home, showered and finished canning 40lbs more of chicken only to have my ankle and foot start to hurt so much by 2:00pm that I was writhing in pain. I was really in tears and that is not an easy thing to bring me to with physical pain. Finally strapped on Kade's walking boot and headed to the ortho. I either have an accessory navicular or a navicular break and a horrible sprain. Let's hope it's not the break because apparently those are hard to heal and have a high incidence of reoccurring. The pitting edema and bruising on said injury is pretty. Need an MRI to definitively diagnose the problem. Will know by Mon. Getting old is really starting to suck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well that's just sucky.
Sorry to hear that. That blows. You're pretty tough to finish off your step class on it! I hope it is the less serious injury--because who has time to deal with broken bones?
Ouch, ouch ouch. What is the verdict. Remember RICE. Take it easy!!!!
Post a Comment