You know the song....Smoke on the Water, Fire in the Sky. I have never once thought about what the words meant or wondered what the artists' intent was with the chosen words. After living here in central Florida I now KNOW what it means. As a cold front rolled in last night and the sun started to rise this morning, the effect was AMAZING!!!! As the cold air starts to heat the fog rising off of the water is cool. Even our swimming pool was putting off a fog. The fog is always thick around here when the temps drop at night, but today there was SMOKE ON THE WATER AND FIRE IN THE SKY!!! The fog over the water was beautiful and the sunrise painted a brilliant fire across the eastern sky.

Smoke on the Water...Fog over the small pond behind our home

Birds enjoying some mud digging Hard to see even though they are less then 25 yards away from me


Fire in the Sky...I was hell bent on capturing the last sunset of '08. This was my attempt that turned out to be an adventure. The sunsets around here are breathtaking and wanting a pic of the final one I was thwarted by the clouds. So I hopped in the mini van chasing down the best angle, only to get lost on back roads, almost run out of gas, and have to take a lame pic from the moving car.

Sunlight filtering through the trees
No comments:
Post a Comment