I still love my hard rock, as my play list should tell you, but after teaching Spinning for the past 6 or so years I've also picked up a hankering for some good ole techno. Nothing gets the blood pumping and the rpms going like some crazy rave bootleg music.

And dare I admit it, I even find some country songs so poignant that I love to hear them over and over.
This year I definitely need to focus on the body a little more. I've been slack about hitting the cardio hard enough for the past year and it is showing. But more then that I need to focus on the spiritual. I've promised myself to study or read in the scriptures daily. So far so good. FHE will be held each week if it kills us all, which it just might since we fondly call it FFN (family fight night). It more often resembles the WWF than anything else. But we will persevere.
My mortality and this brief period of our eternal existence has been more present on my mind than ever before. This life is precious. Time is precious and it passes so quickly. Somehow I've grown from that 18 year old know it all, smart @$$, bring it on kid into this soon to be 38 year old who really knows how little show knows, yet is happier and more content than ever woman. However, I feel 18 for the most part, so bring it on 2009. We just might be in for one of the bumpiest times as a nation, as a family, as a church, as a world. But I am ready.
And so, it continues.
6 comments:
I really like this post. Happy New Year...I think I fixed our videos - try again.
are those rolls of flesh on your tummy?
no way, that's an awesome six pack...yeah, that would be some extra skin there...good thing wade can fix it for me if the exercising doesn't do it
I think all LDS people must have the same New Year's resolutions: scriptures, FHE, etc. Ahhh...some things just never change. Here's hoping 2009 is different than all the years before!!
I love that you call FHE, FFN. It is so true. It usually results in someone going to their room crying in our house. Quite often, that someone is me.
I think you're right about the challenges that lie ahead...but we can hack it, right?!
Hey Amanda
Did you notice who the little guy sitting in the far left corner of my bday pic is? Yup, that would be your DH at age 4. Isn't he so cute?
Kamilli
The only LDS people I know who wouldn't make those resolutions are just too good and need to relax a little so the rest of us schlups don't feel so bad all of the time! j/k I've been working on food storage, have a bunch of chicken to can (I haven't canned anything since I was a kid helping my mom), have a new semi-automatic weapon, lots of water stored...so yeah, bring it on! I'm just afraid that our taxes will skyrocket, utility prices will skyrocket, more and more people will lose jobs, and big brother Uncle Sam will want to force us into his idea of a fix. I do have a generator, but let me tell you, if our infrastructure ever gets so messed up that I don't have power and I have to live here in Florida in the summer without my a/c I just might die. Sincerely. Die.
Here's to hoping. I think you look great btw. Not many 38 year olds would dare post a similiar picture, John, where is yours? I think the church realizes FHE is hard for the kids, but I think they also realize that at some point the kids might remember what you were trying to do and make a better choice because of it. Haven't we all learned and grown, good thing...
Post a Comment