Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Trees and I HATE WEEKENDS!!

So, I put up our tree and decorated it yesterday with the younger boys. We judiciously decided that Kade and Kyrie should not put up their keepsake ornaments this year since Daniel is so set on removing all of the ornaments. I don't think any of my other kids have ever messed with the tree as much as he has in one day. He is going to drive me nuts. He didn't bother grandma's tree over the weekend. What's the difference?

Speaking of weekends...I hate them!!!! By the time Sunday night rolls around I am so sick of my kids that I feel like a horrible mother and can't wait until Monday morning so they will be off to school. One would think that they would do what I ask them to and help me clean up. But just the opposite. I can't keep anything clean Sat/Sun because they do almost nothing that I ask of them and their dad isn't around to enforce anything. Today Kade got a good "whooping" with a belt and still won't do what I've asked. I think mentally I go nuts with the clutter and mess and it makes me physically sick/depressed. So, along comes Monday and I can clean up again and start the whole laborious process over. I do not envy single mothers who have disobedient children.

4 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

I have implemented chores in our house on Saturday which has made the task of cleaning my house more bearable. The only problem is that when Sunday rolls around and we are hanging out, the house falls apart. I guess it is more teaching the kids how to do chores than anything. I can't handle the clutter and messes either. That is why I go crazy at moms. Yelling and screaming isn't going to get your kids to do their chores. You just need to start taking privileges away from them. Like game boys and jitzu. There is a program out there called Accountable Kids (sometimes more work for the parents then the kids) but the kids have to do things homework, chores, get ready for school to earn tokens and then they have to cash in those tokens in order to watch tv, play nintendo, play with friends, etc. Maybe you should try something like that.

BS and the Kids said...

Oh, I like the new look for the holidays.

chris said...

I have a friend who does that, she uses those huge roll of raffle tickets you can buy. It just seems like too much work to keep up with for me. Kyrie and Kade have their daily jobs which they are pretty good about doing, its just the drop something where ever you happen to be and leave it there, that kills me. I don't know how you teach kids to clean up after themselves as they go. Jacob is actually my best helper lately.

I may have to return to my flylady.net I did tell Amber about that website too. Maybe she'll look at it and get going?

BS and the Kids said...

I forgot about flylady. I may have to check her out. Tanner is a good helper as well, but you need those bigger kids to do it all the time.