Yeah, yeah. I'm still here. Alive and kicking, just in a blogging rut. Much has happened, but I couldn't bring myself to sit down and blog about anything. The crap spewing forth out of D.C. is mind numbing. And just like the Obummer wants, my mind is going numb. It has to be that he wants us to be numb and dumb so we will believe his lies. And man does he tell some great lies or what? Which reminds me of a joke I read about his lies.
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.
He asked, "What are those clocks?"
St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie Clock. Every time you tell a lie, the hands on your clock will move." "Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"
"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."
"Incredible," said the man, "and whose clock is that?"
St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his life.."
"Where's President Obama's clock?" asked the man.
"Obama's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan.."
On to home life:
After hearing about the many times my dad cut the cord on the TV while growing up, my DH has decided that was the best route to pursue in getting the kids away from the upstairs TV (I don't think he would ever do it to the large flat screen, but who knows?) The kids, being the smarties they are, took another power cord and spliced the two and viola. Problem solved until mean ole dad comes along and cuts it again. We have been having a circuit trip on the breaker, the one that sends power to the extra refrigerator. Well, I think I figured out why when I went to let Dan watch a movie upstairs. I was wondering how the kids had fixed the cord the last time around and found out we are lucky the smarty (which would be Kade in this particular instance) didn't burn the house down. He bared the wires, twisted them into two separate lines, and put them directly into the outlet. How he didn't shock the smartness out of himself whilst doing it is beyond me. Needless to say, the cord was cut off at the point where it exited the set and is no longer available for splicing, dicing, or otherwise sticking into the outlet.
Kids have been out of school for over 2 weeks now and I am ready for them to go back. Sigh. All-Stars has taken over our lives, which I didn't want. I can blame my DH again for thinking we needed to spend the summer at the ball park in the hot heat and humidity. Kids and I will be heading to ID for a break regardless of the playing schedule after June.
And finally, Dan told me that if he were a vampire he would suck my blood. As my friend told me when she heard this...isn't it nice to be loved?
4 comments:
Glad to see an update. I actually gasped out loud about the TV circuit. It's amazing he didn't start a fire or electrocute himself. Love the joke.
Pretty sure the flat screen has a removable cord, most of the do these days.
Seriously, a lock on a tv? who thinks of that.....I remember the days. Your kids are too funny
Seriously, a lock on a tv? who thinks of that.....I remember the days. Your kids are too funny
Post a Comment