Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bird Bites

"How did Jacob get those bird bites mom," asked Dan. A bit confused it took me a moment to realize what he was talking about.

Jacob broke out in a rash all over his torso that started to spread to his arms a couple of days ago. Red, bug bite looking, itchy rash. We finally realized last night that it is probably a case of breakthrough varicella, otherwise known as chickenpox after vaccination.

"Oh, you mean the chicken pox on him?" I asked.

"Yeah, the chicken pops. Why did a chicken give him those?"

Kids say the darndest things. I had a good laugh from it too and Dan is still trying to figure out how a chicken gave Jacob those "pops". I tried to explain about viruses and snotty noses but he didn't really make the connection. Oh to see things the way a four year old does. Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there who take a minute or two from your lives to read about mine.

No comments: