Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moshing in the Mosh Pit...I think I'm getting too old for this

Our friend's oldest son is now playing in a band. They had their debut last Sat. Being the good friends we are, Wade and I went. Not exactly my genre of music, but their son rocks on the bass. The event was held at an old gymnastics facility. Man did that bring back some great memories. I haven't done any tumbling for 10 years. Guess what?! Even though my mind thinks it is only about 25 years old, the reality of being a few months away from 40 hits really hard physically when you throw some round-off back handsprings into the mix. Delusions of grandeur aside, yeah I was feeling it the next day. But I can still do some awesome toe touches and I didn't get hurt. I've decided that I need to look for a facility here that will let me tumble some to get in better shape. Anywho...back to moshing. Some big teenage boys were goofing off and moshing. Looked like fun but I didn't want to get hurt. After they left the scene, I went bounding out onto the floor when out of the blue one of the bigger ones turns and walks right in front of me mid-air. I slammed into him good. "Sorry," I laughed as I bounded away. I saw him rubbing his shoulder the rest of the night and he didn't join back in the moshing when the music started again. Wow. He was owned by someone old enough to be his mother, and I didn't get hurt. Maybe this moshing stuff isn't so hard after all?

1 comment:

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Way to show him who's boss! He'll think twice before messing with moshing again!

Just the thought of moshing right now makes my uterus hurt. Hopefully all your organs are still intact. :P