Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2600 miles later

Florida

Alabama

Tennessee

Mississippi

Arkansas

OOOOOklahoma

Kansas

Colorado

Wyoming

Utah

Idaho

A list of the states we drove through in the past 5 days. Call me crazy, but airfare was so expensive this time, and with needing a car for the month we are here, I decided a road trip was in order. It wasn't too horrible. Kyrie helped drive and the kids didn't fight TOO much. We drove through the worst thunderstorm I've experienced in living in the south. We couldn't see 2 feet in front of the car the rain and wind were so fierce. I kept expecting to have a tornado blow us to kingdom come, but we arrived at our destination safely.

A wonderfully considerate skunk decided to welcome me to ID by spraying right at the open window of the bedroom I'm staying in. To top it off, the apartment smells like wet dog. Joy. Skunk and wet dog made for a lovely night's sleep. The kids and I are actually sleeping in the apartment that Wade and I lived in as newly weds. The home has changed owners a few times and since one of my brothers and his family are now living with my parents we needed somewhere else to stay and we as SOOOOO lucky that this place was available. I went to the store today to stock up on some things we would need there and forgot the most important item...febreeze. I'm losing it.

No comments: