Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn--Spoilers--Don't Read If You Don't Want To Know!!

I am on my second time through of Breaking Dawn and I'm still not sure what I think of it. I love how Jacob's character has developed and Leah also, I love the relationship between Bella and Edward (except that after she is changed he calls her "love" ALL OF THE TIME), but I'm a bit disappointed. No one died, there was no huge fight for survival like the last books, and it was just too happy of an ending. Not that I mind a happy ending, but after JK offed 1/2 of my favorite characters I think I was expecting at least someone to bite it in this book. The first time through I hated that Jacob imprinted on Nessie (and I hate her given name). But now, it seems right. I do love that they were able to have a child before she became immortal. I cried when she was willing to send her baby off with Jacob to protect her and then was greatly disappointed when they didn't have to fight the Volturi. I mean, come on, I would've loved to have seen Jane suffer and die. The introduction of the new vamps was also cool. Kyrie thinks she wants to be a tribal woman vamp now. hahaha

I took Kyrie to the local WalMart here at 12:00 am to get the book. We had to buy 2 since neither of us wanted to let the other read all night. There were only about 5 people there waiting for the book that the store didn't set out like they told me they would. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the to get it. The guy was shocked. He said he had never had anyone waiting at midnight to buy a book. Obviously he didn't work there when HP came out and obviously he hasn't read the Twilight Series. I stayed up until 7:00am reading. I didn't even feel tired until around 6:00. A few hours later when I got up I ended up passing out in the bathroom and laying there on the floor for about 20 minutes wondering if I had the energy to get up. The passing out wasn't related to lack of sleep and I'm fine, just have a sore backside from falling. Too bad I'm not immortal and unbreakable. sigh

9 comments:

J and J said...

Hey, I just talked to you and you said nothing about passing out. And if it is not related to you staying up all night- then what is it related to or should I ask? Enjoyed talking to you. Am really a little homesick, again! Miss being around my kids, helping them, seeing them hugging them and the same for my grandkids. What is the commotion about these books about? What are they about? Luv you all MOM

globaljunkie said...

what is breaking dawn? and do we care?

chris said...

No, I'm not pregnant, let's not even think in that direction. Just the opposite was the problem.

BD is the last book in the Twilight series. They are thriller/romance novels about vampires and werewolves written by an lds author. The first book, Twilight, has been made into a movie and is set to be released in Dec. They are an easy, fun, fantasy read about the most incredible, perfect guy every teenage girl dreams of.

globaljunkie said...

i think he's due for excommunication if he's writing about werewolves and vampires. won't be long now. like the guy who did the missionary calander

chris said...

Actual, it is a she and the books are very tasteful and very unlike the calendar. I think there has to be more to that story than he is telling. Of course, if the church asks you to stop doing something like that, why not just stop it?

globaljunkie said...

what happened to you fighting the church to come up with bikini friendly g's? Just cause the church asks you to stop something doesnt mean you should nothing wrong with a calendar of 1/2 naked return missionaries. I don't recall anywhere in the BofM that says anything about not being able to model. This is what happens when out of touch geriatrics get too much power..hahahaha

chris said...

Personally, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the calendar either. However, thinking of temple covenants I could see where the leadership could have a problem with it. Interestingly enough, none of the models got into any trouble, so it makes me think there is more to the producers story than he is letting be known. I've read his myspace blog. Something is missing. I don't think the 1st presidency is out of touch with anything.

globaljunkie said...

no sense of humor. there was a story about hium somewhere, he's no longer active and there was something else going on there as well. just like to get you guys all worked up.

globaljunkie said...

watz the latest on the house?