
It is raining, again. It is raining, hard. It is raining, too much. The sunshine state of Florida has been in a drought for the past few years. Well, I think the drought has ended. It has rained just about every day since we arrived July 2nd. Fay brought too much rain to many areas that are really flooding, and we have a 40-50% chance of rains daily for the next week. The real kicker is that it usually rains in the afternoon just after the kids get home from school. If it isn't thundering and lightening I will let the kids get in the pool, but typically they aren't going to be able to. It is raining so much right now that our back deck is flooding all of the way up to the house. The drains can't keep up. I'm not sure if this is normal, so I was out back sweeping away about 5" of accumulated water with the broom. Wade thinks it is a normal thing for when it rains this hard this long.
Remember those who are really suffering from the floods in your prayers, and pray that we don't suffer the same fate soon. Our swimming pool is filled to the brim and the pond behind us went from looking like a dried up African water hole in May, to an extremely well filled, large pond bordering on small lake. Well, not really, but it is VERY full.
Did I mention for my BIL that we have a putting green in our backyard? You need to bring your family to visit us so you can throw the kids in the pool and relax by polishing up your putting skills. But really, all family and friends have an open invitation to come visit us. Just give us a call. I do have a new home phone number that I will email to the masses.
1 comment:
I am up for a visit. Too bad it is under water!!! You must be living right to bring the rains with you.
Post a Comment