Monday, June 30, 2008

I will NEVER use Travelocity again

Just so you all know...
I booked a hotel room on Travelocity right before I pulled into town. The rate was $79. Well, when I checked into the hotel their actual rate was $49 a night. Great!! A savings and the rooms weren't that great so $49 seemed much more reasonable to me. Well, I look on my credit card and I was charged the $79 plus by Travelocity. The check out sheet from the hotel showed the $49 rate, so I called Travelocity this morning. Of course, the woman at customer service was clearly from India and had an accent that was hard to understand, but apparently they can charge me the $79 because the difference is their profit margin!!! $30 for booking a hotel for me online. I told her that was ridiculous and that I would NEVER use Travelocity again. We've used them several times a year. Just FYI and pass it on.

4 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

Just goes to show that it is worth checking out the hotel before booking with them!!!

D-Man said...

It's my fault really, but so true.

globaljunkie said...

suggest you contact them again as they have a low price guarantee. you should always check the rate with the hotel first, but it's possible you ended up in the wrong room category with the wrong rate. if you press them hard enough you should be able to get your $30 back.

globaljunkie said...

and post a review on thier website or on flyertalk.com