Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Beverly Hillbillies

No, I am not refuring (spelling is intentional here) to us um Fosters, but the crazy a** hicks who were up in the hills camping next to the scouts friday night. As Daniel and I were enjoying our relatively quiet night (Wade had both older boys and Kyrie was at a friend's house) I hear the back gate open at 2:30 and the back door being unlocked. Here comes Wade carrying Jacob, drops him in his bed, and goes back out for Kade. Apparently there was only one other campground being used where ever it is they were and it was occupied by a bunch of STUPID rednecks (I feel I should say that I have known plenty of really nice, down to earth rednecks who would give you the shirt off of their back, granted, it would be a emblazoned with a NASCAR or beer logo, but they would give it to you) who were drinking, playing loud heavy metal all night, and being obnoxiously rude. Around 1:00am the leaders overheard them plotting to come into the scout's campground to "get them" or something along those lines, and didn't feel safe. They proceeded to throw everything pellmell into their vehicles and leave as quickly as they could as they truly feared for their safety. Sad.

3 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

That really is too bad. My friends had a similar experience last year, camping could be so much fun if it weren't for a few who can ruin it for everyone, because what one campground hears, everyone hears.

globaljunkie said...

there are these things called police that will come and take care of the situation...

chris said...

I know. That is what I said to Wade, but apparently they were about 1 1/2 hours away from civilization up in the mountains. They didn't have cell service there. I would've thought there may have been a Ranger Station around or something, but they just felt it was best to high tail it out of there.