Friday, July 18, 2008

Wow, I'm finally connected again

So, I finally got my computer hooked up today. We still are not in a home of our own. The lender we are using flagged the appraisal and was doing a review, but they have promised that they will have an answer for us on it on Mon. If they don't approve it we will have to use someone else, which is fine by me, except that means 2-4 weeks more time before we can close. We were staying in a condo in Kissimmee but are now in a condo in Winter Haven owned by the guy we are buying the home from. We could use some prayers that we will have approval on Mon meaning we can close on Tues or Wed. This has been an "adventure" for us for sure.

The only theme park related thing we have done is go to Gatorland. There were 1000's of gators of all different sizes. The largest was "Chester the Big Dog" so named because when he was trapped in Tampa in '05 he was 13 1/2 feet long and all of the neighborhood dogs were disappearing. He is now over 15 feet and HUGE. I mean scary HUGE. Even Daniel now has a healthy fear for gators which is probably a good thing. It has rained every day since we have arrived.

Kade had scout camp all this week and didn't end up spending the night once. The first night there he somehow got left by himself when they decided to abandon the sleeping out in the rain since everything and everyone was thoroughly soaked. I'm still not sure how he got left, except that maybe he was asleep in the tent? We were still in Kissimmee at that point, 45 minutes away. The only saving grace was that he had his cell phone and had actually called earlier wanting to come home for the night. Wade was on his way to get him and I think he was only by himself for 20 minutes. What we didn't know was that once the men realized they didn't have him they rushed back to the campground to search for him, by which time he had left with Wade. I had called the lady in charge of the camping and told her he was by himself but that Wade was almost there to get him. I don't know who communicated with whom, but I had a few frantic calls about 1/2 hour later wanting to know if we knew where Kade was. The scouts had searched they nearby orange grove for him and everything. I wasn't upset, things happen, he was safe but the men in charge were not happy with their "mistake" and have decided it was a good learning experience on how not to evacuate a camp in the future.

Wade is enjoying his job immensely and wants to be kept busier there. He is hoping to talk Lex into hiring a new cutter and purchasing another machine that they use for cutting and processing the biopsies so he can do more surgeries per day and hence earn more money. He got his first paycheck today. Wow, Uncle Sam sure is generous to leave us with something. Maybe I should say Uncle Sam is greedy and needs to back off of our earnings!!! Help us all if Obama is elected by the idiots of this country. We are both excited that he (Wade) now has enough time for a church calling and he was just extended the call of Elder's Quorum President. I have been put in as primary choruster (how do you spell that anyways?) The funny thing about it is we have a new bishop of the ward and he felt strongly that a Wade Foster should be put in this position, the only problem was there wasn't a Wade Foster in the ward, but low and behold he had to go to the dermatologist, went to the office where Wade's name was added to the sign outside a few months back, and saw his name. That confirmed for him that there would soon be a Wade Foster in the ward for this calling. So here we are.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to see you're up and running. I hope everything works out and you can get into your house soon! That story of the bishop and Wade is really cool! Good luck with everything!

BS and the Kids said...

Wow, that story about Wade is crazy. I got goose bumps reading it. Best of luck to Wade. Way to get baptized by fire into the ward. That is scary that Kade got left, I am so glad it worked out for you. I hope the house things is looking up. Let us know if we can help, if things don't work out on Monday--you know what I mean. I am glad Danny understands that alligators are scary!!!