Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

Daniel informed me last night that he wants a baby brother for Christmas. Or a baby girl. He would take either. Guess what Dan? Not gonna happen. I think Wade must be whispering encouragement to him since he would like the same thing. I actually ran into a patient of his a few weeks ago who mentioned to me that Wade had said he would like more children. Practically a stranger and she knew that? BUT, I do have a few friends who are pregnant, one for the first time, and we are all excited for them. Look, my eggs and uterus, not to mention the rest of my body, will shortly (much too shortly to my chagrin) be the big 4-0 and it has never been in my game plan to have a child graduating from HS and one on the way. However, if for no other reason than to piss off the global warming kooks who think having too many children add to our problems, I would gladly have #5. Not sure who will win out on this decision making.

Kade's only request was a cashmere sweater. I asked him when exactly he was planning on wearing it since we live in central Florida and it is seldom really cold here. Although, today, at 50 degrees I am freezing my buns off. He has been very hard to shop for this year. I was surprised he even knew what cashmere was. Someone at school had one and he liked it because it was so soft.

Kyrie wants a car. Guess what Kyrie? Not gonna happen. Not for now. Maybe later when you have a JOB and can pay your own way. I knew insurance for a teenager would be expensive, but this is ridiculous. $100 a month as a 2nd driver on the mini van. Florida auto insurance is more expensive than in California. How can that be? I'm not looking forward to the 2 1/2 years when Kade will be driving since teenage boys tend to cost even more. AND by that time, we might not be making much money as Uncle Sam is hell bent on ruining the health care industry...but that is not what this post is about so back to the merriment.

Jacob is looking forward to a Tony Hawk skateboard game that comes with a board without the wheels. However, after digging through my closet last night in search of said gift, and finding the stash, I told him his Ho Ho Ho might be a wha wha whaaaa as in, Santa has returned all of the Christmas presents because you were too nosey for your own good. I think I will win mother of the year for that one.

1 comment:

D-Man said...

This is when you don't add your children to your insurance because any and all drivers should be covered, right? I think it's lame how they do that.