Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas... A Few Weeks Too Late

It's sleeting today. Yes. Sleet. In Central Florida. I think it's about 34 degrees out right now. I managed to turn on the gas, light the pilot, and get the fire place going. Not sure why, but it keeps going out after 20 or so minutes. Maybe a high temp max auto switch off or something? Ehhh..who knows, as long as I don't blow us all up we're good.

We had a nice Christmas. Wade and I spoke the Sunday after in Sacrament meeting then the kids and I loaded up and headed to Alabama. Wade met us there Thurs morning. Funny story...I called him Wed afternoon. He was grumpy with me on the phone, said he would call later, but never did. So I didn't bother to call him back. All day Wed. I kept asking myself why I didn't book his flight for Thurs since I was sure his office would be closed for New Year's Eve. I even wondered if I could change his flight, but since he didn't call back, I didn't worry about it, just figured we'd see him Fri morning. Thurs morning Daniel woke early, so I headed downstairs with him to feed him and keep him from waking everyone else. Quite a feat in a house with 8 kids and not a lot of insulation between the flooring. Around noon I headed upstairs and happened to see I had some text messages and voice mails. "Hey, I'm here at the airport. Are you picking me up? Should I rent a car?"

Hahahaha....Wade got left at the airport. Really, not a big deal. He just rented a car and went to visit some friends at UAB, BUT, if he had bothered to call me back Wed night that wouldn't have happened. He was feeling forgotten or something and pouted all weekend long. We had a nice dinner at Taj India with Mark and Michelle Sat night and Michelle and I enjoyed a girls night out at Taste of Thailand (best Thai coconut soup ever...even better than TukTuk in LA. Dan and Jake were in heaven playing with Fox all week even though it was freezing outside. Kade read a complete series of novels...The Lighting Thief...and was entranced. Truly makes me happy since it is the first non-fiction books to hold his imagination and interest. He was upset when he was done after book 5. I've tried to get him started on Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites. I'm sure he'll like those too, but so far, no dice. He wont even try. Kyrie saw old friends and went out just about every night.

I was in heaven because of Yogurt Mountain. I love frozen yogurt with fresh fruit. Not the soft serve icecream type, but the real frozen yogurt, no sugar, fat free, tart stuff like I enjoyed every day in LA. Think Pink Berry or Red Mango. There is nothing like that close by here. I'd love to open a shop, but Wade isn't on board with that. I'm considering buying a mixing/serving machine to intall at home so I can eat it for breakfast and lunch daily. I need to look into the cost. I'm not kidding. I want one at home. That and Mochi for toppings with the fresh mango....yummy.

No comments: