For those of you who actually read my blog and don't know...I'm a huge fan of the online Boggle game. I love it. But, I'm too cheap to buy it, so I play one game, close the program, and re-open it to play again...for free. I have two computers at home, both with different Boggle user names.
Imagine my surprise when I realized I was playing against myself on one computer when the other computer wasn't even running the Boggle program. I had played a few games on the other hard drive a couple of hours earlier. As I was playing my last game I realized I had just played it and happened to look at my opponent...and it was ME from 2 hours before.
Now I'm left to wonder if I'm even playing anyone live, or if the server just stores different puzzles and pulls them up randomly or what. My faith in this on-line game has taken a hit. Really it shouldn't bother me...but it just doesn't seem right that I got to beat myself and not a real opponent. It's all about the competition for me.
2 comments:
You are so funny. That you were playing yourself is interesting and strange at the same time. I must admit, I used to be an on-line Boggle addict too. In fact, Robert and I would stay up late playing. One would type, the other would sit next to the typer and shout out words. Together, we made quite the team. It was amazing though, with the both of us coming up with words, we would still get beat! Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that!
You are so funny Chris.
Post a Comment