Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Obama Visits Arcadia and I get interviewed by Channel 2 NBC


(PS for my less blog savy readers scroll down to the bottom of the page and turn off the music so you can hear the video...click on the pause button)
This is a long video I pulled off of youtube. If you watch towards the beginning, about 1:45 in, you'll see me holding my YOU LIE sign being interviewed. Don't know if it ever aired as that channel is not in my viewing area. Right before the reporter came to interview me, I asked him if he knew the solar power plant that Obama was opening was built at a cost of $150 million and would supply energy to only 3,000 homes and businesses. That is a cost of $50,000 per home/business. As I asked him that, an older lady next to him started screaming at me to get my facts straight before opening my mouth. I just shrugged at her because I knew I was right. He turned around and said to her, "no, actually, she's right." I guess that qualified me for an interview.

There were a couple of hundred of us there to protest Obama. Many less to support him, although if you read the reports they say the numbers were about equal. His supporters were rude, ignorant, and wanted to cause trouble. They could do nothing but shout "Obama...Obama" and hold up pictures of him. Is that a cult of personality or what? I really don't mean this in a racial way....but the majority of his supporters there were black. And, if you listen to the black woman who is being interviewed after me, she has hopes of him being a great "Unifier". Okay. I get that, but I also get the feeling that they would support him no matter what he does, just because he is black. They don't care what his policies are. He is black. End of discussion. Never mind that he is causing more racial disunitiy than any other political figure I can think of. Here is a great spoof about just that mentality. (BTW, the black woman being interviewed after me really badgered the poor reporter into letting her tell her point of view. Listen as she is done to the more vocal protesters there. Poor guy really got chewed out. I walked off when that started. The girl with long curly black hair and sun glasses in the Obama love shirt is a bit of a loon. Big anarchist/aethiest with a mega phone telling everyone to question religious and political authority. Lady with short hair in blue shirt next to her is a Cuban woman who escaped communisim there for freedom here and is scared to death and mad as hell about what Obama is doing here now.)

No comments: