This Omaha couple is allowing their 8 yr old boy to openly live as a girl. Here's my question....what would've happened if 5 years earlier when the child was saying things like "I'm a girl like you mommy" the mom corrected him and said, no you are a boy? I've experienced that exact situation with all of my boys. They love me, their mom, and want to be like me and are drawn to the things I like. Around the age of 2 they really started to identify with me and see themselves as girls. But when they started to question if they were a boy or girl, I firmly corrected them. I can't help but wonder if in our PC world parents seeking to embrace their children's "natural feelings" have created a whole lot of problems for these youngsters. It is really quite sad.
One of my older Face Book friends (who is also a member of my same faith) posted the following vid on her homepage and made this comment..."This child is fortunate to have understanding, caring parents/adults in her life..." I couldn't disagree more. That same "understanding" could very well be a HUGE part of the reason this child identifies with the opposite sex.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming the parents for the child's feelings and I'm not a child psychologist. I don't pretend to understand the psyche and intricate workings of our brains. I just can't help but wonder how the parent's reactions to situations helped form this child's identity. And I also believe the Prophets of my church speak the word of God. "All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose..." So that begs the question...are there that many people with male spirits born into female bodies and vice versa? Personally, I don't think so
No comments:
Post a Comment