Friday, March 6, 2009

Can You Name this Cookie?




I will admit it. I am somewhat of a cookie snob. I don't like store purchased/pre-made factory cookies. Homemade is the only way to go. Oreos? Cack. Any other Nabisco cookie, except maybe Vanilla Wafers with milk? Nope. Not a chance. I don't buy them...but...when it comes to Girl Scout Cookies...I'm all over it. I love the Tagalongs. Oh how I love this pre-made, peanut buttery with chocolate, bad for your health cookie. A close second is the Trefoils, soaked in milk, and then the all time favorite which has sadly moved to 3rd place on my list...the Thin Mints. Anyone else like to freeze these before eating them?

So imagine my surprise when in a month when I am working so hard to lose 5 lbs. and losing the battle because of my foot injury...my GS cookie order arrives. I had all but forgotten about it. Here is my case, yes you read that correctly, case of cookies. Thank you what ever your name is little neighbor girl down the street. They are safely locked away in my pantry. I have only had TWO Tagalongs. Not two boxes. Not two rows of a box. Just two individual cookies. I was being soooo good. But then last night I ate quite a few more Trefoils, soaked in milk, for a bed time snack. Curse you Girl Scout Cookie God!!!! I need to go eat a few more Tagalongs to feel better.

4 comments:

globaljunkie said...

frozen thin mints.....

Kamilli Vanilli said...

I'm a Samoa fan myself...and I like the Thin Mints too. I have never had a Tagalong! For shame....

It's just a good thing they only come around once a year...otherwise all our arses would be significantly larger.

BS and the Kids said...

I know you don't like coconut, but I am not a huge fan either, but the samoa's have moved up into contention with the frozen thin mint. but I wouldn't know this year since I am eating no treats, desserts, etc. NO SUGAR. you should go that route to lose 5 lbs.

chris said...

Probably, but I would rather be a fat ass and have sugar than be a sour puss and skinny. I'm too grumpy without an occasional sugar fix.