Ever have one of those days? How about one of the weeks? I've been completely wiped out since our return home one week ago. I think I need a vacation by myself to recover from my vacation with the kids.
Saturday was fun. We spent the day at the lake. I water skied and only wiped out hard once and boy oh boy am I still feeling some unused muscles in my back. Getting old sucks. But so does the lipo machine and if you haven't heard, Wade now has one at his office and will be sucking my fat roll off for me thank you very much. Now the rest of the story....day at the lake. I'm tired so I send Kyrie to take her friend home so I can go to bed. The boys run in and tell me the yard is on fire. I don't believe them but guess I better check it out just in case. Sure enough, there is smoke coming out of the ground in a line of hedges, up through the mulch. My first thought was to turn the hose on it, but I heard a still small voice whisper, "be smart, think about it." So, I stopped and thought for a few seconds. This past winter was the coldest one in central FL for the past 40 years. The cold managed to kill off about 1/2 of my hibiscus in the hedge line. I paid Kade to dig up the dead ones. While he was doing it he came across a small round cable buried through the hedge line. Not wanting to hurt him or cause trouble, I called the "no dig" people and had the underground utilities marked. He had found an old cable line but I remembered as I watched the smoke that there was also an electrical line there somewhere. I kept the boys away from the action and feeling dumb for having to call about such a small thing, called 9-1-1. The fire truck arrived about 10 minutes later. They thought they would be responding to a debris burn, but after clearing off the top of the smoking area, quickly stepped back and thanked me for calling them and not hosing down the fire. They wouldn't touch it and had to call the electric co. to come and fix the problem. When someone finally arrived flames had burst through. He was perplexed and had never seen such a problem. Some how the lines feeding my house and the neighbor's created the underground burn completely melting the rubber insulation on the lines, the plastic box set in the ground to protect them, and the lines themselves. We were without power for just a little bit, nothing too dramatic. Wow. Things could have been different if I had hosed down the problem. One problem down, another to go.
I spent the entire morning yesterday taking care of car troubles. Car troubles I didn't create. Thank you to the very smart and upstanding youth who decided it would be fun to drive by and hit cars with a baseball bat while I was in ID. I had to replace the back window ($250 deductible later) and just took the car in to the body shop to fix the dent and rusting area they created. I think they hit about 15 cars that night. I hope they broke a wrist or at least a finger while doing it. Then I found out that my tires are completely tread bare on the inside of all four. I purchased them in Nov of last year. Now, I have put 30K miles on since then, but how do you wear the INSIDE of all four tires? I don't think an alignment problem would wear them in such a manner, but what do I know? Will have to get the car from the body shop to take it to the tire shop where I purchased the last set to see what is up. Wonder what body shop I need to go to to get fixed up? I am tired of the aches and pains. My back has really been bothering me since I've been back and I've had a strange burning pain opposite the back pain, but in front, lower abdomen. I'm tired of the pain.
My kids and my DH are really getting on my nerves. I know this is partially a hormonal thing, thank you Mother Nature and your monthly gift, but I really just don't need to deal with anything more right now. Back pain, cramps, bloating, fatigue, back pain and more back pain. I have been downright mean, cranky, and irritable. I am ready for school to start. Only 2 more weeks. I don't know if I can make it. Sooooo, if you hear me screaming at the top of my lungs just continue with your business. I'm just blowing off some steam and should be back to normal in a few more days. Maybe?
2 comments:
We write our stories to heal and we read others to heal too. I needed to hear this morning, that I'm not the only one needing to blow off some steam. Life gets hairy....hang in there....and I will too!
DS (does that count? for the same as DH, lol) Hang in there. You sound like me. Maybe your gallbladder is acting up? And I love the monthly gift and amazing that miles apart we still can cycle together! Hope life gets a little better for you. Send Kyrie and her friend and Johnny to take the kids out for you.
Post a Comment