Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Foster's Latest and Greatest

The 3 oldest started back to school last week. YeeHaww!! Dan and I have been chillin' waiting for his start date for pre-K. It can't here soon enough. Just a few more weeks. We've been going to Wade's office almost daily so I can get an idea of how things are running. I have many plans for making things run smoother, just hard to implement, change anything right now, especially since Dan is there with me. If you haven't heard we purchased the practice in June and are now our own bosses with no paycheck hahaha. Hard to pay yourself when there is no money coming in. Gotta get those insurance companies billed. Long story, hopefully a/r will start coming in SOON!

I am the new online homestudy seminary teacher. Can't remember if I posted that earlier. New program the church has to replace homestudy for students who cannot attend early morning. Very excited about it, just nervous about the time issue. Guessing it will take 3-4 hours daily of planning/grading/checking in on the students. That with working at the office and my plan of 2 hours a day at the gym doesn't seem doable. Guess which one will suffer the most? Somehow I've gotta give myself time to workout or I will go crazy.

Wade and I attended the Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock Aerosmith concert two weeks ago. I smiled, laughed, and danced the entire time. Hands down the best live show I've seen. Man those 60 year olds are still rockin' it!!! Last weekend we saw The Expendables. I haven't gone to a rated R movie since Shindler's List, but just had to see this one and was glad I did. Actually really want to see it again. Action packed, guns and guts flying everywhere, clever humor, and the hand to hand combat scenes ROCKED!! Doesn't hurt that Statham is so easy on the eyes. Here are some interesting facts I didn't know about a few of the actors from the movie. Statham is well trained in Mixed Martial Arts and is an expert in Kickboxing. He also does most of his own stunts. He is single and a year younger than me. Man I need to start working out hard again!! Dolph Lundgren went to MIT on a Fullbright Scholarship. He's actually very smart and has a 3rd degree black belt in the martial arts he specializes in. Who'd have guessed that? Jean Claude van Damme refused to do the movie because he didn't want to lose a fight scene to Jet Li. Jet Li injured his foot while escaping the tsunami that followed a 9.0 earthquake in the Indian Ocean. Li and his four year old daughter were on vacation in the Maldives on December 26th, 2004. The two were in the lobby of their hotel when the wave came ashore. Scooping up his daughter and running for higher ground, a piece of furniture hit his foot, causing the injury.

Best news of all: I'm heading to the Restoring Honor Rally 8/28 AND I MAY HAVE A GUARANTEED, DON'T HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR A POSSIBLE, TICKET TO THE KENNEDY CENTER EVENT THE NIGHT BEFORE. I feel like it is my birthday I'm so excited!! Sighhhh...hoping this comes through. What an opportunity!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

When you wrote about working at your hubby's office it reminded me of your mom running your dad's. Do you ever stop and wonder how she did all of it with 8 kids? Seriously?!

I remember cleaning the office with you a few times. We would sneak drinks out of the small fridge, and I was always scared in those dark, vacant hallways when coming and going!

P.S. Statham....total eye candy. I started crushing on him after seeing a few episodes of Prison Break.

Hilary said...

Wow, that seminary gig sounds awful, I mean great ;) . Tell me you get paid. TELL ME THAT. :)