Sunday, November 22, 2009

So very tired...heading to the beach for recovery

I'm dragging. This time of the year always does me in. Try throwing in protests, marches, trips to DC, fall festivals, basketball, piano, irish dance lessons, choir practice, you get the idea, and it makes for one very tired momma. This is going to be a very disjointed post.

Yesterday I was gone for 15 hours, going non-stop with 3 of the kids in tow. We, the entire family, started the day in Orlando at the Million Med March. Good rally, but not many in attendance. DH and Kade headed back to WH, and I took the other 3 for lunch and on to The Villages for some Glenn Beck. Wow. Really, that is all I can say. Wow. I would guess at least 25,000 people from all walks of life were there. Glenn was inspirational. He plans on getting more politically active to help restore our republic and has a plan of action that he will be teaching across the country next year. First stop...Orlando. He is also planning a huge rally in DC. I can't wait because really. The madness has to stop.

After GB, we headed to the Millenial Mall. Really reminds me of the Beverly Center. Cartier, Channel, Jimmy Choo, Juicy, Dior, Neiman Marcus, just to name a few. I did manage to find some very cute, retro head bands at Urban Outfitters. However, suffice it to say, shopping here with two boys under the age of 8 is not an ideal outing. I was dead on my feet by 8:00pm and still had to wait for my parents to fly in around 11:15pm. So, what to do when you're tired, your kids are tired, and you have to kill a few hours? Head to the movies, what else?

If you have never experienced a movie with a lot of blacks in attendance you really should head south and try it out, especially a horror film. It is the funniest thing ever. For some reason, they have a tendency to yell, speak to, or otherwise attempt to hold dialogues with the actors on the big screen. I don't know if this holds true for other parts of the country, but in the south it is pretty common. So, we were watching New Moon, and many in attendance were yelling at the screen. It was funny.

And, speaking of New Moon, I have to say it was much better than Twilight. The screen play was better, the acting was better (except for Kristen Stewart, what is up with her constantly blinking and shaking her head whenever she talks?), and the special effects rocked. But what was the best part? Taylor's abs, by far. Since I am old enough to be his mother, it would be gross to say much more, but let's just say that boy is smokin' hot.

And, that leaves me to today, running on empty with only about 12 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights together. For some stupid reason, I'm here, blogging instead of sleeping. But, not to worry, the family and I are heading to Ana Maria Island for some R&R. Now that is truly something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

globaljunkie said...

dont you mean african americans? so insensitive.