







Whew, are we ever tired but glad some of our family could come and visit us!!! We have enjoyed visits from BS and the Kids and DNA all this week. Dan and I spent Thurs at Disney with BS and the Kids, friday we hit California Adventure. Saturday was the LA Zoo, the beach (I didn't know we could have sand storms in Cali. The wind was so wicked the waves were huge and it was freezing, not to mention being pelted by whipping sand really hurts), and dinner at the kids favorite Korean BBQ joint.
Believe it or not as we were looking at something at the zoo I hear a "Hey, Chris...Is that you?" I'm looking around wonder who it could be (Jacob saw a teacher there and saw friends from school at Cali Adventure) Low and behold, I don't recognize the person speaking to me until she identifies herself as none other than Sharrey Dolquni (Sorry if I'm slaughtering the spelling), a friend from HS that I haven't seen since graduation. Her uncle was the math teacher at PHS for many years and was well known for saying, "Hey Lackey, You BirdBrain." Small world.
Sunday we had another rather funny albeit annoying phone message from the psychotic woman upstairs. I will be glad to be shot of her in a few months. Wade had a case of the stomach flu and D-Oh got his first official hair cut. BS and the Kids returned home and Monday afternoon we picked up DNA at LAX and drove them to the LA Harbor where they were leaving for a cruise on the Monarch of the Sea. Their first port was today, Tuesday, in San Diego, so the kids and I drove down to meet them. We spent the day at Balboa Park in the Natural History Museum. We saw the Pompeii exhibit there. It is a fantastic place and I hope to make it back. We drove to the temple and then had lunch in the Old Town district and went to the tide pools. We all agreed we could've spent many more hours there. The boys in particular had a great time. We saw urchins, anemonies, crabs, and shells.
Somehow I only ended up with one photo of DNA on my camera, they have many more on theirs. I'll add Disney photos later. DNA will be back to spend the day with us on Friday. Maybe the weather will be more cooperative for the beach?
1 comment:
Too Bad we missed all that by only one DAY!!! Looks like it was fun and D-O's hair cut looks good, his curls are back.
Post a Comment