Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What Hypocrits!!

So I realized something this morning while sitting in the mini-van waiting for Jacob to decide it was time to go to the school. Los Angelinos love to talk about protecting the environment. They love to use paper bags instead of plastic at the grocery store, heck, at about any store. Many will reuse paper bags or buy their very own reusable fabric bags. I'm all for this. Fine. I reuse my paper bags when I remember to take them with me. I even keep all of my plastic bags and put them in the recycle bins at the grocery stores. I do my part. I take my plastic bottles to the recycling center. (Usually I give them to one of the homeless people there who collect them for money. I know they can use the few dollars more than me.) Here is where the hypocrisy comes in. Los Aneglinos also love and I mean LOVE their dogs. We see hundreds of dogs daily. They are being walked by their faithful owners and taken outdoors to do their business. You have to curb your dog here and most people do. But they are the same environmental, green house, the earth is going to fry to a crisp shouting people that use paper bags at the stores, but scoop up their dog's poop with plastic bags, tie them up, and toss them in the trash. So, not only are they throwing away a plastic bag, GASP and HORROR, they are making it a nice little poop package. I have decided that I should invent some type of wax coated paper pooper scooping baggie and mass produce it for these people. Do you think I could get rich on that? I better run to the patent office today before one of you lucking people that reads my blog steals my idea. I'm off.

No comments: