Thursday, March 6, 2008

Here we go AGAIN!!

So, we're all in the living room hanging out last night. Wade starts to walk out of the room and I notice Daniel making some funny motions. "Are you choking?" (Like he can answer me) "Wade, I think he's choking!" I rush out of the chair, grab him, and give him a quick heimlich thrust. Out shoots a penny, and of course some vomit. One would think that after 2 close calls of already choking on money, Daniel would learn not to put it in his mouth. But NOOO. He was really scared and we had a big long talk about it. When is he going to learn? When am I going to learn that I really should pick up loss change when I notice it? (I saw the penny on the floor earlier in the day and thought "Hmmm, I really should pick that up" but never did)

On the work front. We have a contract from the Dr. in Philly that needs some alterations. We have hired an attorney in Philly to help out and an accountant. Apparently we need to have a good will valuation of the practice done to make sure we are not paying for referrals in the price of the practice, ect. Can't remember the name of the laws this applies to, but it is going to cost us roughly $10K just to get to the point where we can sign the contract. We also learned that he never set his practice up as a corporation or PA. He operates as a sole proprietor. M&D, call me when you have a minute. I want to ask about how your PA was set up. I think I remember dad being the Prez and mom VP and sec'y but want to know for sure. The atty said we really should set up as a PA. Also, the Dr. gave his office manager a $100K bonus last year. Yea, you read that correctly. $100K. I can assure her now that that will not be happening as an employee for us. Apparently she does a great job. I have no interest in taking over her position any time soon. I don't want to work in the office until Daniel is in school. We haven't heard from the Dr. in Florida for a couple of weeks. He was supposed to be rewriting the contract also. So, things are still up in the air. Here we are in March and I thought we would have everything signed and wrapped up last month. We should have everything finalized by the end of this month. If not I give up.

2 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

Like I said, just do it all on your own in a place you want to go.

BS and the Kids said...

Oh, scary, at least you know the heimlich. I haven't had to do it yet and I sure hope I don't have to ever. And at least you saw him before it was to late.