Thursday, February 21, 2008

Celebuwrecks Paint the Town

Well, it finally happened. We saw Paris Hilton driving around in her Land Rover yesterday. There is even an article on TMZ about her driving around in it, so it was really her. Kyrie spotted her and I was not thrilled to be on the same road as her. I have also seen Bill Mahr (I wanted to run his Mercedes over with my minivan), Kathryn Heigel, and maybe Jessica Alba. So there you have the celebs rundown for the month. I know you are jealous and green with envy. (rolling eyes)

Daniel continues to keep me on my toes. We bought some underwear for him and he wore them for awhile yesterday. I took him to the bathroom and after being commanded to "Get Out Mom" a couple of times, I left him to do his business. I even took moved the toilet paper away so he wouldn't try to clean himself up when he was done as he has done in the past. Well, I obviously didn't move it out of his sight because I went back to check on him and he was done and cleaning himself up. I won't give a descriptive account here, just suffice it to say I threw away the throw rug rather than attempt to clean it. I believe they are called throw rugs because you can just throw them down where you'd like them to be. We call them throw rugs because we throw them away quite frequently thanks to the kids and their adventures. While I am thinking about the wonderful things Dan has done, I want to put into writing so I never forget, the water in the bathroom in Alabama.

We were getting ready to move and had packed away many things into boxes storing them in the garage. The house was on the market and I was attempting to keep it clean and orderly. One day, I hear Kade screaming to get upstairs. Daniel had helped himself up onto the counter in my bathroom, put a full roll of toilet paper in the sink, turned the sink on full, and left. He was with me so I didn't even think there could be anything wrong. Big Mistake!!! Water had overflowed the sink and there was so much it was leaking through the flooring into the garage where low and behold all of my boxes full of stuff were stored. That was a fun day (rolling my eyes again). Right up there with the many times Jacob got into the paint and tried to help my out, but instead managed to get it onto my new carpet and Kade's comforter. Or the time Kade actually managed to spill a full gallon of paint on the carpet. Believe me when I say I have become an expert at paint removal while preserving the original state of the said ruined object. (Don't ask for advice on oil based paint though. I don't think that comes out of anything.)

3 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

Sorry you actually had to see Paris. I am sure I could live without that one. Dan is so much fun. Sorry to hear you had to throw out your rug. Atleast he did his business, right? Ikea has some throw rugs for cheap. Not the cutest, but hey, at the rate you are going, it might be worth the investment.

chris said...

Believe it or not it was an IKEA rug that got tossed. hahaha It was only $12 so I'm not too upset, plus I didn't really like it.

BS and the Kids said...

Yeah, I don't really like their throw rugs either, but they are fairly cheap.