I'm still alive. Just busy. Fired an employee at the office that we referred to as "Glenn Close" in reference to her character in Fatal Attraction. Yes. A. Nut. Job. who had a "thing" for my DH and tried to make everyone think they had a relationship going. I'm proud to say that is not why I fired her, but it didn't help make her popular in my book. Things have been running so much more smoothly with her gone, but I am filling in until the new person we hired is available for full time (around Jan. we hope). This means I am assisting with surgeries which I love doing. Have been able to help with some very cool cases.
Today we (well, really Wade, but I say we since I helped) took of the top 1/2" of a patient's entire ear and reconstructed it with cartilage from the back of what was left of her ear. Wade then sutured it to a flap of skin from behind her ear and will let it heal, then release the ear and further repair it. The other day he did a skin graft with the donor site being the gentleman's eyelid so it was like an eye lift. Needless to say, this once pre-med student is really enjoying the change of scenery at work and would love to do it full time if my kids didn't need me. They have to come first though, so I'll do it until our surgical tech starts, then return to the business end of things and Fridays only on the surgery side.
Enjoyed a nice visit from my parents and Caleb before Thanksgiving. I cannot believe it is already December. I have no idea what I am going to do for Christmas for everyone around here. Online shopping is probably the only way I'm getting it done though. Good thing I can now ship things to the office.
Wade wants to take the kids skiing to Park City over Christmas. For some reason that doesn't sound too appealing to me. Mostly because of the molestation render to passengers from the T&A...I mean TSA gang bangers. I cannot believe some of the horror stories I am reading about. If I have to go through a full body scanner I will proudly do so with both middle fingers flying high and a sign written in ink on my chest that says "TSA SUCKS" or something. I'm likely to get myself arrested which doesn't sound like too much fun, hence my hesitation to take to the "friendly skies."
On a much nicer, Christian note, one of my cute nieces, and her cute brother, one of my nephews were featured in the Mormon Messages ad about Kids and Christmas. Enjoy and if I'm not back on here before the 25th I wish you and yours all of the joy and happiness of the Christmas season Christ can bring.
If the video doesn't work you try it here
No comments:
Post a Comment