Wednesday, April 14, 2010

An Extended Case of the Blahs

Yeah. Blah blah blah. I hate it when you're talking to someone and to fill in the rest of the story they blah blah blah. Really? Am I supposed to know that that means? Well, I have had a case of the blah blah blahs which means I haven't felt like doing anything at all, including blogging.

My last two months have been so busy, I really deserve to sit back and have a case of the blahs, as long as I don't feel too sorry for myself whilst being blah.

At the end of Feb. my SIL and her cute baby girl came out to stay wit us for 3 weeks. We ran the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon. I finished in under 3 hours, which was what I was shooting for. I would've finished at around 2:45, but had to wait in line for the restroom, twice. My knees and the medical issues I have with my feet caused me to want to quit at mile 8. Seriously. It hurt so much to run, but hurt even more to stop running. It was not a good feeling. BUT...we had so much fun. For starters, we had to get up at 3am to catch a bus to Epcot for the start. P.S. We didn't start our run until around 6:30am. P.S.S. Neither one of us could sleep that night and were lucky if we caught 3 hours of zzzzz's. P.S.S.S. Running 13.1 miles on little to no sleep is not fun. P.S.S.S.S. blah blah blah (sorry, just had to throw that in there) There were so many women dressed up as princesses, and a few courageous men accompanying them dressed as villains. The funniest thing was seeing the amount of women who decided they had to "use it" before the race while we were lined up and waiting in the FREEZING COLD (a whole different story). Instead of crossing the street to the wooded area, or walking the 200 yards to the port-a-potties, they headed to the ditch, nearest the roadway full of passing cars, dropped trou, squatted and did their business giving everyone a nice view of the full moon.

After recovering for a day, we headed back to Disney World, many times during the next few weeks. I finally had a chance to do the Rockin' RollerCoaster. Man is that a great ride or what?!?!

The kids and I headed to the beach for spring break. Since this was a last minute decision for me, I could find no where to stay on our favorite island and settled instead for Ft. Myers. Never again. Too much traffic, too many people, too much of my children bickering for no apparent reason, too many jellyfish, too much algae or sea weed that really stunk the place up, blah blah blah. Ana Maria Island I'm so sorry for forsaking you. I promise. We will be back next month.

I arouse early the last day of spring break, which for some odd reason was the Mon after having the full previous week off (I should've played dumb and dropped the kids off at school that morning anyways just to get rid of them...see ya' at 3:00 suckers) to watch the launch of the space shuttle. There are only 3 or 4 more launches scheduled and the program will end. A sad day indeed. As I stood out in the back yard at 6:20am having only gone to bed at 3:00am, I was wondering where it was. Suddenly, the horizon turned a brilliant orange and I thought, "hmmmm...I thought the sun came up a little further east from there" and then realized, "HOLY COW...that is the light from the shuttle!!!" It literally lit up the entire horizon. Such an amazing site. I captured it on video, but it really isn't as grand to view that way. I will upload it eventually for your viewing pleasure however. I promise. Now I need to check the launch schedule to make sure we will be around for one of the last ones. I will be dragging my kids out of bed very early to make the drive to Cape Canaveral to watch. They will love me for doing that.

I went to Glenn Beck's American Revival a few weekends ago. Wade was supposed to go with me, but wouldn't you know it, they just had to schedule the Pine Wood Derby for that day. P.S. Jacob won in the cub scout division and took 2nd over all. Glenn was AMAZING!! I took a friend from church and we had a great time. Arriving at the campus we followed the yellow event parking signs that led to the fraternity housing area. Many cars were parking in the fraternity lots. We both had a bad feeling about that. I even pulled into one, but seeing the tow away zone signs figured I didn't want to risk it even if the parking signs pointed to that direction. The three parking garages we had passed all said FULL. We drove around for 1/2 hour trying to find a place to park. We couldn't get through to the main arena for parking because they had a road blocked off. So, I pulled into one of the parking garages anyways and guess what? It wasn't full at all. Maybe 20 cars parked on the first level alone. Weird. (Very glad we listened to our "guts" and didn't park in the fraternity lots...click HERE to see why.) We walked to the arena where much to our surprise we were all put stripped searched for entry (not really but we did get a thorough search through bags/purses and wanded...more than they often do at airports...hmmmm) Another surprise. I had somehow purchased premium tickets meaning we sat in a great area, had padded seats, and had use of the lounge. Taking use to buy some water and use the restroom in the lounge who did I run into but Glenn himself. I actually got to talk with him for a quick minute, he gave me a big bear hug, and was off. I did run into him there one more time when I went back out for more water (good thing I was so thirsty) as he was getting ready to enter for his key note address. He had decided at the last minute to use that entrance so it was just sheer luck to run into him again. I didn't say anything to him, but did get a picture that time. Now, my friend and I struck up a conversation with the young man sitting next to us. He was an interesting looking guy, all tatted up, and so I started out by asking him about his tatts. I thought maybe he was military, but no, he was a philosophy major who loved everything about Beck except his stupid religion. hahahahaha Can you just imagine how much he felt like he had stepped in it when I casually asked "why, what part of it don't you like" and proceeded to tell him we were both members of Glenn's faith? He learned about Joseph Smith, the restoration of the gospel through Smith, the pre-existence (which he believed in too) and was left with the challenge to actually read the BofM before making up his mind about its validity. My friend and I both feel he will read it simply as a matter of trying to prove to himself that he is right, and hopefully will end up knowing how wrong he really was.

We are finally a three car family!!! Can I tell you how excited this makes me? I no longer have to drive the kids to and from school. That saves me 2 hours a day of driving around. I didn't know what to do with all of my free time the first day...yeah right!!! It is great having another driver in the family. However, I couldn't help but wonder where the years have gone. I still vividly remember dropping Kyrie off for her first day of kindergarten. I got a little teary eyed, I'll admit it. Now she's going off to prom this weekend, getting her class ring today, and will be graduating next year. How did that happen? Yeah...I know....blah blah blah.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You're hilarious. It was fun to catch up on all your families' latest happenings. Thanks for sharing, blah, blah, blah!