Friday, February 26, 2010

The Power of Positive Thinking

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

My motto while running. I really hate distance running, but my training for the past two months has allowed me to run over 300 miles in that time. Now that is really the power of positive thinking. Here are some "rough" stats.

300 miles
65 hours
36000 calories burned
ONLY 5 pounds lost

How can that be? All of that effort and time, blood sweat and tears and I only lose 5 pounds. I sure hope my finisher medal is worth it!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
Whoops. I thin my math is getting a little fuzzy. I have to redo my numbers here. I've run an average of 15 miles a week for 2 months. That is only 120 miles. Dang I was getting lofty. So 120 miles give or take means 26 hours and 14,400 calories but still only 5 pounds. Whew. That much math gives me a headache worse than running 10 miles.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I remember when I started training for a race I wasn't seeing weight loss results. It was frustrating. But, with time, it just happened. It was like, I just needed to stay consistent for a good three months and then the weight started to come off. Keep consistent and it will happen! You can do it. Positive thinking.....
P.S. 5 lbs. in that short amount of time is pretty, darn good girl!