We did it. We survived a month away from home. We escaped mostly unharmed. Aside from thinking Dan had broken his leg (turned out okay), me almost breaking my foot (by firmly kicking Kade in the backside) and Jacob smashing his middle finger the night we left to fly home (it is so swollen, bruised, and ugly I think it must be broken) we are here and in one piece.
We had fun. Spent the first week with Wade's family sleeping in, playing in the dirt and pond, exploiting my new found Boggle skills, and enjoying good food. Then my family did a reunion at Cherry Hill, Lagoon, and even visited the AirForce Museum in Kaysville. I had my 20th HS reunion and we ran the river out of Hoback (I only fell out of the raft twice, almost swallowing at least 1/2 have of the Snake River in the process). Somehow, we didn't do any water skiing. Chalk it up to the extended, much needed rain southeast Idaho received making the waters very cold for the summer.
The kids even survived the month with no TV. None. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. We did watch a few movies for those much needed down times. Kyrie discovered some cute 17 year olds, Kade was mostly bored because Caitlin is in China, Jacob loved playing with his cousins, and Dan awoke each morning wanting to call Carley and Keeley to find out when they would be over. There was some kissing going on, a lot of whining and complaining about going home, and I will miss the lunch in the park program that rescued me from having to provide lunch for my kids every day.
Over all, a very fun, successful vacation. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.
1 comment:
I am glad you had fun. I can't wait for pics. of you and the fam.!
Post a Comment